In the United States summer is on the way and with it vacation season. For anyone else out there like me that means beach season is here. Time to head out to the pool or ocean with a paperback and an umbrella. Tastes may vary but lets all salute our fellow readers this summer for exploring the world in the eyes of someone else. (Attached links to Goodreads)
- The Perfect Couple by Elin Hilderbrand. What says summer more than wedding season in Nantucket? Wedding parties, white dresses and a harbor view, everything is perfect until the police become involved in this happily ever after. No one’s secrets are as hidden as they may believe. Release date June 19, 2018.
- America for Beginners by Leah Franqui. Summer is the perfect time for a cross country journey with Pival, an Indian woman visiting the US to reconnect with her son who she was told died. The trip to locate him come with complications in understanding America and her son’s choices. This trip may bring bonds beyond family or destroy everything Pival has come to understand. Release date July 24, 2018.
- The 49th Mystic by Ted Dekker. A journey not just of this world but also others. Rachelle is blind and the surgery meant to give her sight instead leads to a prophesy and dreams of another world. Rachelle can give both worlds peace or be utterly destroyed. Summer on a wild adventure to save humanity, sign me up. Release date May 15, 2018.
- All We Ever Wanted by Emily Griffin. They say a picture is worth a thousand words but the last thing any high school student or their parent wants is to be the subject of an image that changes everything. Two families and the preppiest of Nashville Academies what could ever go wrong? Release date June 26, 2018.
- Paradox by Catherine Coulter. Nothing says endless summer nights like a manhunt for an escaped psychopath who may just be bent on revenge. Join FBI agents Sherlock and Savich as they journey towards the killed and Lake Massey. Remember secrets never stay buried especially ones hidden at the bottom of a lake. Not quite the ocean but it will do in a pinch. Release date July 31, 2018.
- Sing, Unburied, Sing by Jesmyn Ward. This book is time machine to an earlier day and the strength a young man must hold on to when ghosts of the past haunt him. Three generations of family trying to find themselves and escape the past. Currently on sale.
- FuryBorn by Claire Legrand. Two queens, 7 trials, and an evil empire. Rielle and Eliana were born far apart in history but are more connected then one may imagine. They must fight to save their world and one another. This book is world building for the trilogy, so just this once I will tell you to spend your vacation in a different world. Release date May 22, 2018.